What is solar film?
Protect your home and your family
Solar Film is an effective method for maximizing the performance of ordinary glass.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, one third of a building’s potential cooling capability can come from the solar heat gained through its windows. Ironically, the majority of businesses are not taking advantage of this cost saving method, as 75% of office windows are not energy efficient. That is to say, the most likely solution to maximizing solar energy isn’t being utilized. This situation is completely avoidable, if solar film is used.
Commercial solar film is not just a great way to increase savings, but will protect the building and occupants. Tenants in commercial properties are being subjected to the many harmful and bothersome effects of sun and heat exposure. Solar film is designed to increase comfort throughout the structure by selecting visible light and dispersing it evenly. It also cuts and greatly reduces glare.
The benefits of solar film:
- Heat reduction. Light bounces off the film, instead of being absorbed and intensified by glass. Coated glass can make environments 78% cooler than those with untreated glass.
- Reduce exposure to ultraviolet rays. Protect employees from potential skin cancers and other ill health effects.
- Reducing glare will only enhance productivity and morale. As solar film will reflect light, it will make it easier to see computer screens, and it puts an end to employee frustration caused by light in the eyes.
- Correct imbalances between sunny and shaded areas in the office.
- Reduces energy costs! Considering the long term savings, solar film is an obvious choice.
- Solar film is eco-friendly and determined to be an essential tool in combating global warming. Minimize energy usage and carbon emissions. Get qualified for a Green Building Certification.
Architectural designs are using more glass than ever. This leads to heat build-up and huge energy expenses, as well as premature fading to desks, office equipment and even the carpets. Enhanced Glass has a collection of specifically chosen products to give our commercial clients the best solar film solutions available on the market today. We can help you prevent the problems associated with the threat of exposure. With a large inventory of solar film products from the industry’s leading manufacturers, protect your business from up to 99% of exposure to UV light, and up to 82% of solar heat.